Propertarian News & Views

A once-mighty paradigm is on its way down.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Are the Mogadishu sheikhs crazed killers or the object of desperate propaganda?

I would bet heavily on the latter. On the one hand, you've got Reuters and others claiming that the Islamic courts are killing people for watching the World Cup. But then there's an alternative version of what happened, saying that the killers were 'mooriyaan' (or 'mooryaan') and had very different motives.
According to this Somali-English dictionary, 'mooriyaan' means "poor people (living in misery)". Here's the alternative version:


Allah oh my dayz, wat lies..

I'm in moghadishu now...and that is not what happened..

It wasnt the sheikhs...it was mooriyaan..

A group of 12..attempted to rob the cinema...and one guy and girl got killed..

Walaahi i could hear the gunshots from my house..(well my granz)...

Like i always say..Dnt believe everything u here...

And i can actually bear witness..and put my hand on a kitaab and say football isnt banned here...

My cousins (male) watch every game at restuaraunts..

BBC Chats *****! if u want the truth watch aljazeera!

Here's another source that says there is no ban on watching the World Cup.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home